Translate

About the blog

This rambling blog is about building a couple of simple layouts in HO, the available space is rather small but the prototype was not built on the grand scale, most stations were merely a curved loop and a siding.


Saturday, 17 January 2015

Another year and 100,000 + visitors

Well, who would have believed that another 27,000* visits to this blog in the past year was a possibility, even more incredible when the blog receives hardly any publicity, most visitors find their way here via links on just a few other notable blogs. Must be doing something right?

A recent survey seemed to indicate that most visitors return because the blog is rarely static, it constantly evolves and I wonder if it would be acceptable to be a little more pro-active and feature reviews of products or events? Unfortunately the lack of new releases in O scale or rather the lack of my purchasing new releases does prevent a regular feature but maybe it would better to cover items from small manufacturers, I seem to buy a lot of details for Pottendorf. 

Ten years ago with our dear friend, Alan Rees :o)

Tim

*13,000 visitors in 2013, thank you to all who visited and I hope to continue running the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new visitor, within the past several months. Every now and then I've looked you up on Google to see what you've been up to since the days of John Oxlade's forum, and while I'm not into gauge O -- nor not really into UK style modeling (small layouts and exhibition oriented social events), I find German railways interesting, as I'm sure you know.

    I'm intrigued by the idea of a model railroad blog on Blogger. I've used Blogger for some specialty purposes now and then, but haven't really thought through what the potential might be for model railroading. Some US forums like Model Railroad Hobbyist give you the option of having a blog type format for what are essentially forum posts, but I'm not completely comfortable with that approach -- MRH is a for-profit enterprise, and by making free blog posts there, I add in some small way to their revenue, which I don't like. Also, I'm implicitly endorsing their editorial peccadilloes, format, etc, which I also don't like.

    One of the best US forums went away not long ago with the sudden passing of its owner, so there may be some room for more model railroad blogging, since the other forums really aren't up to the general level of posts there -- experience in the hobby, photographic ability, etc.

    I do visit your blog frequently and appreciate your posts, you have my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome but try not to be anonymous.