An small collection of D15 images - origin of all images is unknown.
The D15 class 4-4-0 was the last steam locomotive design by Dugald Drummond for the London and South Western Railway in 1912. By 1912, Dugald Drummond had built several classes of unsuccessful 4-6-0
express passenger locomotives. The result of these failures was that
when he designed what was to be his last class in 1911, a new 4-4-0
design emerged from Eastleigh Works in February 1912, with what was to be the first of his D15 class.
The class was initially given the "intermediate" type of eight-wheel, double bogie tender with inside bogie frames carrying 4 tons (4.06 tonnes) of coal and 4,500 gallons (20.5m3), due to the lack of water troughs on the line. By 1923, the eight-wheeled tenders had been replaced by six wheeled 3,500 gallon (15.9m3) versions transferred from K10 and L11 locomotives.
Model Railway Constructor April 1980- Building a D15 in 7mm
Steam Days March 2014 - LSWR D15s
30463 Eastleigh Still equipped with oil tank
30465 near Ashurst, New Forest
SR 466 on a down train passing Millbrook, still fitted with valves on the smokeboxSR 466 9th July 1949 fitted with capuchon lipped chimney